- LAST NEWS: Drone World Expo 2017 – Registration Now Open
- LAST NEWS: $1M Prize for Bridge Inspection by Drones
- LAST NEWS: South Korea to Train 1,700 Drone Operators Annually
- LAST NEWS: Leidos Pilots New Service for UAS
- LAST NEWS: First BVLoS Power Line Inspection Flight in New Zealand
- LAST NEWS: DARPA Awards Phase 2 Gremlins Program Contracts
- LAST NEWS: Amazon Patents Drones with Telescoping Landing Legs
- LAST NEWS: US Air Force Buys Drone-Snagging Shotgun Shells
- LAST NEWS: China’s Rainbow Solar UAV to Make Maiden Flight
- LAST NEWS: Alpha Releases New Unmanned Helicopter
Catch the UAVs in action
If you haven’t had the occasion to watch an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) in action, here’s an opportunity.
The two-day national seminar, exhibition, air show and modelling competition, organised by Rotary Club of Bangalore from February 1 onwards, will provide a chance for Bangaloreans to watch the UAV flights which will be part of two air shows of one-and-a-half hour spells each organised on both the days.
On February 1, the show has been scheduled between 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. and the show of February 2 will take place between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. According to event coordinator R. Raghunathan, the chief objective is to provide exposure to children and aviation enthusiasts by and enlightening them by holding aero modelling workshops and flying competitions.
The event will also witness a talk on UAVs by aviation experts with the aim of creating awareness about the potential of UAV for aerosports and defence applications.
Those interested in aero modelling can learn and prepare a model during the show. About 100 aero modelling enthusiasts are expected to display their aircrafts during the event. The DRDO and NAL, which are part of the seminar, will be displaying several aero models and other research work that they undertake.
In an endeavour to improve country’s surveillance system, the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur has launched a major initiative for designing and building unmanned air vehicles (UAVs).
13 Takeaways from The White House Workshop