- LAST NEWS: Solar Cell Technology for NRL Solar-Soaring UAV
- LAST NEWS: NASA Includes Swedish UAV in BVLOS Testing
- LAST NEWS: Germany Plans New Drone Regulations
- LAST NEWS: Drone World Expo 2017 – Registration Now Open
- LAST NEWS: $1M Prize for Bridge Inspection by Drones
- LAST NEWS: South Korea to Train 1,700 Drone Operators Annually
- LAST NEWS: Leidos Pilots New Service for UAS
- LAST NEWS: First BVLoS Power Line Inspection Flight in New Zealand
- LAST NEWS: DARPA Awards Phase 2 Gremlins Program Contracts
- LAST NEWS: Amazon Patents Drones with Telescoping Landing Legs
UAS demonstration at Singapore ETH Inauguration
Interesting that ETH used a Falcon 8 from Asctec for their demo.
Swiss Federal Councillor and Head of the Swiss Federal Department of Home Affairs, Dr Alain Berset, and Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, Minister for the Environment and Water Resources in conversation with Prof Dr Armin Gruen of the Future Cities Laboratory at the inauguration of the Singapore-ETH Centre.
Prof Gruen demonstrated newly acquired Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) technology here in Singapore. The UAV will be used to gather high resolution aerial images of the city. The data will be incorporated into three-dimensional digital models of specified neighbourhoods in Singapore and other cities in the Southeast Asian region.
The Singapore Armed Forces is replacing the existing Searcher unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) which have been in use since 1994, with the new and improved Heron-1.
Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen announced this at the inauguration of the new fleet into 119 Squadron on Wednesday afternoon.
13 Takeaways from The White House Workshop