- LAST NEWS: Rio Tinto to Expand Use of UAS
- LAST NEWS: Warsaw University of Technology & Lockheed Martin Conclude UAS Research
- LAST NEWS: Russian Helicopters Unmanned Tiltrotor Concept
- LAST NEWS: Nigeria to deploy drones to fight oil theft
- LAST NEWS: U.S. deploys Predator drones to Latvia
- LAST NEWS: FAA reports five close calls with drones in Oklahoma
- LAST NEWS: Built to kill: China unveils its latest heavyweight contender in military drone race
- LAST NEWS: Maharashtra Using Drones to Survey Crop Losses in Drought-Hit PartsMaharashtra Using Drones to Su...
- LAST NEWS: Sony to Offer Commercial Drone Services Starting 2016
- LAST NEWS: US Navy to Start Triton Operational Assessment
Horizon Hobby 350 QX, GoPro quadcopter
To be released by Horizon Hobby just in time for Christmas a competitor for the DJI Phantom the current king of the ready to fly GoPro capable multirotors that has been on the market since January 2013. Parrot might be kicking themselves that they have not created a slightly more capable AR.Drone that can lift a GoPro out of the box without modifications.
GPS hold and return to launch all for the very reasonable price of $469 just a shade over $200 cheaper than the Phantom. If you already have a TX you can buy a bind and fly version for $419 let the GoPro quadcopter price wars begin!
Blade is taking their knowledge of heli design to the aerial video market with the 350 QX. This highly capable quadcopter features dynamic flight modes that enable stable video capture from an included GoPro® compatible camera mount. With the 350 QX, novices and experts alike can get involved in this exciting hobby with Ready-to-Fly and Bind-N-Fly models available upon release.
- SAFE™ technology provides three flight modes with the flip of a switch
- Smart Mode with GPS/altitude hold, stick relativity and the innovative SAFE circle
- Stability Mode with flight envelope protection and GPS hold
- Agility Mode for aerobatics and aggressive flying
- Return Home function automatically lands at the home position
- GoPro® compatible anti-vibration camera mount* included (camera not included)
- Intelligent motor control automatically stops the propellers upon impact with an object
- Ready-to-Fly out of the box with a Spektrum™ DX5E transmitter, 3S 2200mAh LiPo battery and charger
Region: USA and Canada
Northrop Grumman has announced it will sponsor the 2014 Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Outback Challenge competition.
Unmanned aircraft will help researchers study a struggling Hawaiian tree species.
AN influential air power lobby group wants Australia to acquire long-range unmanned combat aircraft that can fire precision missiles against targets without risk to pilots.
Invisible Cloak for Military UAS