- LAST NEWS: Wired went to the inaugural Drone World Expo and saw the future. "It sounds like bees."
- LAST NEWS: Bill would regulate hobby drones in Oregon
- LAST NEWS: Motor and Propeller Test Tool for sUAS Designers
- LAST NEWS: Songbird Hybrid UAS
- LAST NEWS: DJI announces $15,000 agricultural drone designed to spray crops
- LAST NEWS: US testing an 'air traffic control system' for drones
- LAST NEWS: Russia Deploys UAS Squadron to Arctic Region
- LAST NEWS: AeroVironment Gets $13 M RQ-20A Puma AE Order from US Marine Corps
- LAST NEWS: Drone pilot training center on fast track in North Dakota
- LAST NEWS: Shark drones to patrol stretch of Australia's coast
Megan Halek could be the best unmanned aircraft pilot coming out of the University of North Dakota’s highly regarded aviation program this year: She’s aced a training program and has enough air experience to fly private jets worldwide.
To find out what inspires their interest in UAS and attracts the Advisory Board Members to support Drone World Expo, we scheduled a series of exclusive interviews. Our eleventh interviewee is Gretchen West, Senior Advisor of Innovation and Technology at Hogan Lovells.
In a surprise move, DOT just published a document,Clarification of the Applicability of Aircraft Registration Requirements for UAS and Request for Information Regarding Electronic Registration for UAS, to the Federal Register. DOT is soliciting recommendations on all aspects of the UAS registration process, including which UAS should be exempt from the registration requirement.
2015-11-15Facebook's laser drones v Google's net-beaming balloons
The sky is going to become a busier place if Facebook and Google get their way.
2015-11-11 US Army Tests UAS That Flies Like a Bird
2015-11-09 China Prefers UAS for Border Protection
2015-11-29Wired went to the inaugural Drone World Expo and saw the future. "It sounds like bees."
Standing in front of a drone in a mesh cage, a somewhat nervous man with a somewhat Southern accent tells us about his machine, which a pilot is banking left and right and flinging up and down. It’s got a 4K camera and can hit 40 mph. When its battery runs low, it buzzes your phone. It’s not just a “solution,” but a “complete solution.”
2015-11-26 Russia Deploys UAS Squadron to Arctic Region
2015-11-24 CH- 5 – China’s Biggest UAS on Display
2015-11-23 Triton Begins Operational Assessment
2015-11-29Bill would regulate hobby drones in Oregon
If you're planning to arm your hobby drone, your window is closing.
2015-11-28 Songbird Hybrid UAS
The first ever Drone World Expo had an extremely successful launch last week at the San Jose Convention Center. The exhibit hall floor featured 75 exhibiting companies and the event attracted 2,120 commercial drone professionals. The exhibitors responded enthusiastically about their experience at the new trade show with many already planning on renewing booth space for the 2016 Show which will take place November 15-16 back at the San Jose Convention Center.
2012-04-05 Hydrogen-powered Fuel Cell Flies ScanEagle